A couple weeks ago I got away with two friends for a mama’s trip to my one of my favorite towns, Santa Barbara. I love the central coast so much; It’s a special place that combines the things I love from my Northern California upbringing and all the things I love about Southern Cal. We stayed at the adorably hip Goodland Hotel in Goleta and it was everything we wanted it to be and more. The Goodland was cozy and unique with a staff and amenities that made our time there great. On the last day of our stay I took one of the hotel’s complimentary bikes for a spin around the neighborhood..it was one of those moments of freedom that I savored before heading home. Here is my guide to a weekend away in Santa Barbara sans kiddos.
WHERE TO STAY/EAT/SHOP IN SANTA BARBARA
- Barbareno Restaurant– This place cooks up the best central coast cuisine with a menu inspired from local purveyors and farmers in the area.
- Santa Barbara Public Market– This building offers a bite to eat of everyone’s diets and appetites. You can’t go wrong.
- D’Angelo’s Pastry & Bread-Order the eggs benedict, you will not regret it and stalk up on some loaves of bread to take home.
- The Breakfast Culture Club– Art, shopping, culture, coffee and cinnamon rolls…I could soak up hours here.
- The French Press– This place for all things espresso.
- Home Santa Barbara– For antiques and unique home gifts for style and function.
- Downtown Santa Barbara– Stroll through any of these shops for some fun finds and state of the art shopping.
- The Breakfast Culture Club– Books, comfy sweatshirts, art and all things surf related.
- Walk down State Street for shopping and coffee.
- Wine tasting in the Central Valley.
- Lay poolside, take a bike ride and relax in the communal areas at The Goodland Hotel .
- Stroll through the Santa Barbara Farmer’s Market.